Our qualified staff offers personalised advice
Prevent Problems Before They Happen
You can prevent disease, pain and extra expenses by learning proper hygiene techniques and developing healthy habits. Here are some tips that will save you some unnecessary stress and worries in the future.
5 Simple Steps For Daily Flossing
- Start with about 18 inches of floss, winding most of it around each middle finger. Leave a couple of centimetres between your fingers to work with.
- Holding the floss taut between your thumb and index finger. Gently slide it up, down, back and forth between your teeth.
- Curve the floss around the base of each tooth, making sure you go slightly beneath the gum line.
- Use clean sections of floss as you move from tooth to tooth.
- Use the same back-and-forth motion to remove the floss from between your teeth.
Understanding Gum Disease
Gum disease is caused by plaque and bacteria build-up between your teeth and gums. Following the previously given advice about brushing and flossing will help keep your mouth healthy. Other precautions that help prevent gum disease are using mouthwash and visiting the dentist often to discuss risks associated with your behaviours, diet and genetics.
Tooth Brushing Technique One of the most important and overlooked aspects of brushing technique is time. Proper brushing generally takes at least two minutes. Use short gentle strokes, and give special attention to the gum line, hard-to-reach areas, fillings and crowns. Our staff provides personalised advice about the type of brush and toothpaste is right for you.